The following are demands of one of the participants in the “Occupy Wall Street” movement. The movement is new and fluid at this point, but this can be used to see the types of things that they are demanding. We have taken the liberty of commenting on these demands.
- Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.
Buy your flat screen TV’s now before this gets instituted. When has raising the price of something (labor) led to more of it?
- Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall street investors.
Ah, the longstanding liberal dream. They are sticking with it despite all the countries that have it in place, proving that you get less quality and more rationing.
- Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.
- Demand four: Free college education.
This should work as well as free K-12 education. Please see “The Justice Department Should Sue My School” on this site.
- Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same time bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.
Maybe we should have the government pick the best companies and lend them money like Solyndra.
- Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.
What have we been doing with the taxes designated for these purposes (ie gas tax, utility taxes)?
- Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.
There are more trees in the USA than there were in the early 1800s. People used to use wood to heat their homes. Ironically it was due to the use of fossil fuels and later nuclear power that has met our energy needs, that has allowed this restoration to occur (please see demand 5).
- Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.
I’d like to think we have laws against this already, but no harm from this demand.
- Demand nine: Open borders migration, anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.
We should be able to approve the people who are coming in (not crazy about convicted felons), and they should have proof of work. This combined with an agreement that they cannot file for any type of public assistance for something like 10-20 years, and we could warm up to this.
- Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.
So we cannot use technology to find out in hours who won an election. We should probably move the presidential inauguration back to March, since we may not have all of the ballots counted until then.
- Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.
Wow, can the whole world watch Lucy?
- Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.
Somebody is not paying their bills.
- Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.
We understand that things are not going the way we wish economically. That is why it is vital that we look to solutions that have been proven to work in the past. This movement can turn into something positive if we pay attention to those who endorse it, and understand what their solutions are. The more we know about the beliefs of our media outlets and elected officials the better choices we can make.Hidden Secret Revealed A simple strategy to trade stocks is uncovered!